Alex’ Reading List (Books & Articles)
✅ Built a better future (aspired result)
↪️ Influence global culture (my purpose)
↪️ Spread great ideas (my mission)
In accordance with my mission, here is my reading list. There are two themes, Business Innovation and Personal Growth. In each theme I recommend at least 8 books. The list is emerging.
Theme: Business Innovation
Objective: run a more competitive business.
The only constant in life is change. That is to say that as business owners adaptability is the highest skill to stay competitive.
- Let my people go surfing (Yvon Chouinard)
- Why Nations Fail (Daron Acemoğlu & James A. Robinson)
- The Infinite Game (Simon Sinek)
- Who Stole My Cheese (Spencer Johnson)
- The Peter Principle (Laurence J. Peter)
- Orbit Organization (Anne M. Schüller & Alex T. Steffen)
- As We Speak (Peter Meyers & Shann Nix)
- Never Split The Difference (Chris Voss)
Theme: Personal Growth
Objective: become an unstoppable leader.
Many people are held back by the stress of being “always on”. Instead, serenity and having options grows real freedom. The key question: what makes the experience of life remarkable for YOU?
- Loving What Is (Byron Katie)
- Surely You’re Joking Mr. Feynman (Richard Feynman)
- Man’s Search For Meaning (Viktor Frankl)
- Factfulness (Hans Rosling)
- Responsibility Process (Christopher Avery)
- Rich Dad Poor Dad (Robert Kiyosaki)
- Influence (Robert Cialdini)
- How You Measure Your Life (Clayton M. Christensen)
- The War of Art (Steven Pressfield)
- 1000 true fans (Kevin Kelly)
Bonus: Motion Pictures & Videos
Objective: experience more imagination.
Recently, creativity surpassed oil as the most valuable resource on earth. That is to say that imagination is the fuel for creativity. “The metamorphosis doesn’t come with flowcharts.” – David Mitchell.
- Cloud Atlas
- 180 Degrees South
- The Last Lecture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo
- From The Heart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDpfLCXhXaA